Learn the Healthy and Effective Cure for Baby Eczema. This article provides great information about the safe and effective ways to treat eczema skin problems especially suffered by babies with delicate skin.
Eczema is a skin disorder which is really irritating to both adults and babies. However, babies experience twice the irritation from adults because of their delicate skin. It is really important to consider safe treatments when it comes to treating eczema skin problems. There are 20 percent of all the babies as well as small children are infected by eczema skin problems, this is according to baby center.
What is Eczema?
Eczema is the name for various types of skin problems like dermatitis and rashes caused by diapers. These skin problems cause the skin redness, irritation, as well as itching. Eczema of babies is usually brought on by the reaction of allergen. Allergens can be from the foods they eat as well as the things they use like baby soap, milk, dust, dog, and cat. Applying an effective cure for baby eczema will significantly reduce the mainly the redness and itchiness of the skin.
Effective Cure for Baby Eczema
1. Bathe the baby everyday using water with lukewarm temperature, use mild soap preferably mild baby soap for the safety of the baby's delicate skin. However, if the baby has really a delicate skin, avoid using any kind of soap just use pure water as it would be safer for the baby.
2. Use soft towel to completely dry the baby's skin, the purpose for this is to dry the moisture that could worsen the eczema.
3. Use a mild lotion for baby twice or thrice a day this is to cover the baby's affected area of the skin. There are several baby skin products that could aggravate the eczema condition by irritating the skin. These products normally have perfumes and dyes that could be the triggering element for itching and irritation.
4. For the effective cure for baby eczema, never allow the baby to scratch the area affected by eczema skin problem. Scratching the affected area could make the condition even worst and spread out to other parts of the skin. This can be done by pulling the hands of the baby every time he attempts to scratch the itchy eczema affected area. Divert his attention by giving him his favorite snacks or letting him play his favorite toys.
5. When washing the baby's clothes, use only mild detergents as much as possible, those detergents that have light fragrance. Avoid applying fabric softener to their clothes because these products have perfumes and dyes that could have irritating chemicals.
6. When noticed an intense redness, irritation, or itching to the eczema infected part of the skin, immediately apply a washcloth wet and cold. This will temporarily relieve the baby's irritation by its cold feeling. After applying the cold wash cloth, dry the area naturally and apply mild baby lotion afterwards.
7. Finally, dress the baby using cotton made and breathable fabrics. Never use wool and synthetic fiber clothing’s like polyester because this would make the baby uncomfortable without proper flow of air to the skin.
It is very important to watch out and think about the natural cure for baby eczema. Always make the baby comfortable as much as possible, remember that babies have sensitive skin. This means that they are more vulnerable to most skin diseases like eczema, skin allergies, and other related diseases.